Saturday, May 2, 2015

3 Reasons To Walk in the Morning

Spring is here and it's time to start walking again.  It's really the only exercise I get.  So here's my "wisdom" for the day.  Walk in the morning because;

  1. It's cooler.  I don't like to sweat - so this is a good thing!
  2. You can begin your day with great views, a more positive attitude and
  3. The people who walk in the morning are nicer!
All that is true.  It all makes sense to me but I don't blame you if you're wondering about that last one.  Here's what I've found after a few years of walking trails, especially around the lakes, rivers and streams in the area. 

According to the word of Mike: "People who walk/run on weekday mornings seem to be happier and are more willing to make eye contact, smile and say hello.  People who walk/run in the evenings and on weekends are less likely to greet one another." 

I have determined (in my own mind at least) that most who exercise in the evenings and on weekends are very dedicated and incredibly serious about getting into shape. They're laser focused.  No time to fool around. Get on with it. Work it! Go, Go GO!

In these once-in-a-while evening walks, I notice a "don't bother me" attitude from others as they're apparently so "self-involved" in their activity.    


Perhaps I'm looking at this in the wrong way.  Maybe it's MY attitude that should be re-evaluated. A new thought; Being the first one to say hello isn't their job at all.  It's mine.  





1 comment:

Mike Taylor said...

Update: Tonight, I had the opportunity to try this out. Believe it or not, over half of the people waved or said hello. Some of those even smiled. The rest were still totally involved in their tasks. Tonight's travel was much more pleasant than last time. I call this a success and worth repeating every time I have the opportunity.