Sunday, May 30, 2021

There Should Always be Time to Laugh

There should always be time to laugh.

And yet, it seems that I participate in this activity a lot less than I should.

This cup revealed itself one day as I was walking through a store.  I laughed.  Sure, I thought it funny because, in any workplace, there are all kinds of bosses.  

Much of the time, we second guess and think that WE are better leaders.

But I started thinking about this 'true-to-life' coffee cup.

Have I had thoughts that I could outshine someone higher up the ladder?  Yes.  But that is not the point.  

True North points to the truth that I was hired for a particular job.  Someone else was hired to be the supervisor. 

Is this prophetic coffee cup aimed at me?  Yes.  But that also is not the point.  Well, maybe a little.

"Give back to Caesar what is Caesar's and give to God what belongs to God." Luke 20:25.

I receive a payment for the work I was hired to do.  To the best of my ability, I am to fulfill this mandate. It is not up to me to worry about another's job.  It is up to me to outshine myself in my own designated workspace.  In this way, I can not only take pride in what I do, but I honor God.

You probably know this.  I thank you for the time you spent so that I could remind myself.

Let me make just one more comment.

I am to 'Act my wage' at all times.  
I am to perform to the best of my abilities at all times.
I am to do my job serving others at all times.
This is what I was 'hired' to do the day I accepted Jesus.



Instead of just taking the picture, I should have bought the cup!






No comments: