Sunday, January 7, 2024

It's Beyond Hope

It's late already today. I am finally getting to this task. I have usually published by now. But up until this moment, I was finding it impossible to decide on today's topic, let alone how I might flesh it out.

My weekly commitment felt beyond hope.

And then I started thinking about that term. The one in the last sentence. The one in the subject line. The one that can be translated as hopelessness.

"Not true", the voice in my head firmly declared. 

Some people have experienced great despair. In their mind and in their experience, hopelessness exists in a very real form. It takes a great deal of work and perhaps medications to break free from this affliction. But for most of us, hopelessness (like hope itself) is a choice.

We can examine the struggles and frustrations of our circumstances. We can seek advice, we can pray, and we can plan for something better. That very plan is well, hope. 

Now, as I know for certain that I will fulfill the promise I made to myself, I feel much better. The day is suddenly brighter. My attitude has been adjusted in a positive light. And in this case, all I did was to get busy and type when I heard that voice in my head.

Whenever possible, in whatever situation, I think we should consciously choose hope. 

"But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded." 2 Chronicles 15:7



1 comment:

Mike Taylor said...

hOpElIvEs24!dEspAIrdIEs