Sunday, March 28, 2021

Words Matter Part 2 of 2

I’m thinking that I’ll just wrap up the 3 remaining lines that are hanging out there from the original article called Post-it Ponderings.  Says a strong ego, "I know you've been patiently waiting for this!"

“On the other side of fear, is freedom.
On the other side of hate, there’s love.
Just pray you’ll make it home.”
We’re all afraid.  It seems evident that our fears brandish hate as a tool.  And by itself prayer won’t allow us to make it home.  We can’t leave behind the pain of Holy Week for the glory of Easter if we refuse to listen. This upcoming week is an appropriate time to consider where we are and where we want to be.

I thought a few examples might help us make some sense of the leftover lines.

1.  Things have been dark for many of us.  But there is hope if we accept the challenge presented in this song from Frozen II, The Next Right Thing (with lyrics).
“But a tiny voice whispers in my mind
You are lost, hope is gone
But you must go on
And do the next right thing” | Anna in Frozen 2
2.  Vedran Smailovic, the “Cellist of Sarajevo  - Returns to Sarajevo 20 years later.

I heard recently Vedran Smailovic was asked if he thought it crazy to put on a tuxedo and play his cello in the middle of a war where battles were fresh and ongoing with snipers in evidence.  His reported reply, “I think it’s crazier that people want to kill each other.”  (not verified but as an example, impactful nonetheless)

3.  Our burdens are truly Too Heavy.  From this nearly 2-year-old posting, 
"In the story, the depot was now visible and the train slowed for disembarking.  Her dad placed his enormous travel-case on the floor. 
“Will you carry it off the train, Corrie?” he said. I stood up and tugged at it. It was crammed with the watches and spare parts he had purchased that morning. “It’s too heavy,” I said. “Yes,” he said. “And it would be a pretty poor father who would ask his little girl to carry such a load. It’s the same way, Corrie, with knowledge. Some knowledge is too heavy for children. When you are older and stronger you can bear it. For now you must trust me to carry it for you.” And I was satisfied. More than satisfied—wonderfully at peace. There were answers to this and all my hard questions—for now I was content to leave them in my father’s keeping."
4. Ephesians 6:12  
"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

I don't know exactly what these examples say to you.  For me, I see the pathway home is found in self-sacrificial love. It was this love that rode into Jerusalem on a simple donkey.  It was this love that hung on the Cross of Good Friday.  It was this love that conquered fear, hatred, and all forms of evil to become Easter.



 

 

No comments: