Sunday, December 27, 2015

Enough Already

The Word of the Year  (More detail here)

Who knew that I'd continue something like this for 3 years!  And, I gotta' say, it's been interesting.

Report Card - Sequence (2014)
This one, I feel pretty good about, actually.  Trying to keep one word in mind every day throughout the year seemed impossible, but I found out that it's quite doable.  And, I believe (for the most part) that I fulfilled the goal - keeping God in mind first and foremost. When it was time to choose a new word, I actually felt some loss.  I was going to miss spending time with this word! The perceived success certainly encouraged me to continue with a new word for 2015, though.



Report Card - Trust (2015)
This one.  Well, this one did NOT encourage me to continue this exercise for another year. This was hard.  Letting go isn't in my character, apparently.  It hasn't been the best of years - maybe this is why.  I was definitely not going to miss concentrating on this one.

Interestingly enough, I've found that even though I've officially left these two words (Sequence and Trust) behind, they're not 'behind' at all. They've been implanted somewhere inside never to be forgotten or ignored!

New for 2016 - Enough

When I first heard of this practice, I thought I'd need to spent hours trying to discern which one word would be best. But one day, I just knew. There was no going back.  I'd not been required to agonizingly research and contemplate this choice. For three years running, the "word" has just adopted me!  Makes ya' think, right?

"Enough" seems to be an extension of last year's word.  Maybe this is a way to drill down into the failure of trust experienced in 2015.  Maybe 'Trust' is based on realizing that Christ is enough.  Hmm. Interesting year ahead!

© Cristian Nitu | Dreamstime Stock Photos
It also seems to indicate that work needs to be done on both spiritual and secular fronts.  We are each unique but still made in the image of God.  That should mean that if I'm true to myself, I am also enough,

Prayers gratefully appreciated.

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
2 Corinthians 12: 9






No comments: