Thursday, January 14, 2016

Short Bursts of Coolness

I'm a news watcher.

Normally, I start with the national news.  A dose of micro-local as well as expanded local programming follows.  It doesn't take that long because I fast-forward through commercials and duplicate news stories.

And, nearly every day, I ask myself, "why"?

If you're news-current, I won't need to explain.  If you're not so up to date, let's just say that with the exception of Steve Hartman's On the Road Again, watching the news can be depressing.



Being informed is probably important since we live in a global society.  And, on occasion, maybe we're called to do something to help alleviate some of the pain and suffering that this programming brings into our homes every night.

A few days ago, I was reminded that life is not simply "on the news".  Life is in our hearts and in our minds. We frequently have opportunities to "do something to help alleviate some of the pain and suffering" on a very local level.  It takes just a kind word, a smile or maybe even a text relaying a little story of thankfulness.




Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17

I am grateful for sharing friends.  I am grateful for every good and perfect gift.  
I will endeavor to share my uplifting moments with others.


If you're so moved, please share your short bursts of coolness with us as a Guest Writer.    If you're not interested in writing an article but would like to have your story shared anonymously, just let me know by using the Contact Form.   

No comments: