Saturday, June 27, 2015

Cupcakes


At what point will I actually believe that life is short? 






At what point will it become apparent that sweating the small things can be a fool's errand?  But wait, isn't life a culmination of small things?   Whoa, will I even have enough time to contemplate this?





When I'm out of time, will I suffer regret?  
Will I look back and say, "why didn't I __________?"  
Will I apologize to those around me for lost opportunities to share love?  
Will I even have the chance to BE sorry? 



I've heard of Malala Yousafzai.  
I know about Rosa Parks.
I remember Mother Teresa.
And, I can even name a few US presidents.
But, I don't know 80% of the people who live in my condo building.
Time only matters when it's wasted.
Tomorrow is Sunday. God's day.
I think it's time to meet a few strangers.
I think it's time to deliver cupcakes.


"Welcome one another then, just as Christ welcomed you, in order to bring glory to God."  
Romans 15:7



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE cupcakes! Great idea!

Mike Taylor said...

This is kind of a stolen idea. When my brother and his wife travel, they always bring something special for the flight attendants. Recognizing the work of others is very cool. And, as long as confession is in order: 1) I should change the title to DONUTS because, as it turns out, they were on sale! 2) I didn't waste time but I elected to leave a surprise at the door for everyone instead of making an introduction. Cop out? Yea, maybe. It just seemed a little arrogant to knock on someone's door and say "Hey - here's a cupcake (donut) from me to you." I just felt like I'd be expecting some grateful response and thought "maybe not today". So, I STILL don't know 80% of my neighbors. One of these days, God will show me how to meet them.

Mike Taylor said...

Yours will arrive on the same day that I do. IF that ever happens, that is.