Sunday, August 6, 2023

A Crazy Visual

I looked.

It was easy. I just typed the words "SIMPLE THINGS" in the search box found on this website. I knew that I'd written about this topic a few times. As it turns out, the number exceeds a typical definition of "a few times". The search returned forty-one articles! 

That means that IF the search was correct, and since this would be the 364th article posted, I spent over 10% of my time discussing simple things.

You'll be happy to see that I have not chosen to include a list of links for your review. If you want to spend a little time doing some research, it's easy. I will just stand back and leave you to it.

Thinking about my viewpoint towards the little things in life - those that we do for others and those that others have done for us, I am drawn to the conclusion that I have yet to accomplish this worthy goal. Why else would I talk about it so much?

But the volume of words suggests that I am trying to teach myself this lesson. As you can clearly see, self-consolation is also at play.

Today, however, I found this crazy visual that I am hoping will help me see the relationship between small things and those of much greater size.

The video could easily apply to the words we speak to each other in a way that shows the impact that just one small utterance might have on someone.

It could also apply to our actions, or lack thereof, in much the same way.




A bit in the mouth of a horse controls the whole horse. A small rudder on a huge ship in the hands of a skilled captain sets a course in the face of the strongest winds. A word out of your mouth may seem of no account, but it can accomplish nearly anything—or destroy it!

It only takes a spark, remember, to set off a forest fire. A careless or wrongly placed word out of your mouth can do that. By our speech we can ruin the world, turn harmony to chaos, throw mud on a reputation, send the whole world up in smoke and go up in smoke with it, smoke right from the pit of hell. James 3: 4-6

No comments: