Sunday, June 18, 2023

In the Layers of Our Moments

There are, I am guessing, a significant number of us who have hard-wired, always-used, knee-jerk answers to specific questions.

For instance, when I see someone and ask how they're doing, the reply is almost always, "Fine.  And you?"

Today is Father's Day. I hope every type of father has the opportunity to celebrate well.

That's what brings me to one of my 'pat' answers. I always feel like I should place the celebration on the one who gifted me the title of dad.  I have one daughter and without her, I would not be a dad.

Happy Father's Day, Daughter!

In that light, because my interpretation can be considered true, at least by me, I will share a video that found me a while ago.  It also seemed to dovetail well with a Cory Muscara quote.

"There are 3 layers to a moment: Your experience, your awareness of the experience, and your story about the experience. Be mindful of the story." Cory Muscara


The Years are Short, Gretchen Rubin

And just something to keep in mind, we are all the children of Our Father. I bet we could spend eternity listening to His stories. 


No comments: