Thursday, April 16, 2015

Spilled Water

WHY did I let that happen?

Maybe it's just me.  Sometimes, simple things seem hard to learn and put into practice.  And, I'm talking simple!

A favorite chair.  A small table next to it.  And it's on this table that I keep a glass of water, a television remote, a box of Kleenex, a pen, a pencil, a notepad and in the morning, a latte'. Remember I said "small" table.  Normally when I bring the coffee, rearrangement is necessary. Sometimes that involves stacking.  Usually, that ends in small disasters. Kleenex to the rescue.  Now, the reason I say all this
is to mention that as I rearrange things, I hear a small voice saying, "Don't do that". But, of course, I do it anyway.  The results are as predicted.  And, it's NOT the first time!
Dreamstime Photo 

A few moments ago, I finished cleaning up after myself.  Yes, it happened again. And it got me thinking.  I've had a difficult time in the last few years listening to the voice of God.  I'm always asking Him to tell me about the path that I should be on.  I'm always asking for help.  I'm always berating Him for not speaking to me.  And now I wonder.  If I haven't learned to obey the common sense, experience-based warning in order to avoid spilling water on my small table, then maybe I've heard the whispers, the promptings and the nudges that I've been so desperately seeking and I haven't learned to obey them either.

I just Googled "Listening to the Voice of God".  In 0.41 seconds, 66,000 references were found.  This link is the first one I chose.  A bookmark is in order because I'm hearing, "Spend some time here".  I will listen.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is my fav so far and the "link" you provided in the blog is awesome. Thank you!