Sunday, May 1, 2022

Looking at Power, Article 1 – Power OF ONE

This title might scare you because it mentions the word “power” followed by the realization that this won’t be the last time. 

Don’t be. This thing started with a dream. All I know about this dream is that a week ago, I woke up and wrote down the words, “Power of One” and then quietly and uneventfully slid back into the unconscious world of sleep. 

Note: There was no drinking before, during, or after this event.

The next day, I put this topic on ice 

Note: There was no drinking before, during, or after this event.  

The scribbled words of my midnight madness were marked, ‘Pending: Consider for future exploration’.

And then, this very morning, I heard a teaching about, yes it should be obvious, power. The future is here, and exploration has apparently begun. 

If you remember, I chose millimeters as my "Word of the Year" for 2022. This year, I am to review the almost imperceptible adjustments that can be made to create incredible, beautiful, and beneficial results in all areas of my life.

The "Word of the Year" relates to the word power as the word power itself relates to various prepositions (read: millimeters).  And here we are.

I will just start this series with The Power OF ONE. since that's where the dream started.

One is an important number. I am remembering an impactful sermon heard many years ago. I know it was because I still remember it!  Here’s what I said in a post written in 2015

“If I put the things in my life before the substance of my life, I'm making a tragic mistake.  If I put my job (in my life) before God (my life), I've put the zero first. If I put my finances, friends, vacation plans, retirement plans, and the other things in my life first, there is no value gained. But, if I put God first, before the zero, the value of both increases. “

To clarify:

  • Placing the things of my life first (zero before one - 01, 001, 0001, etc.) will not increase the value of my life nor will it increase the value of my relationship with God. 
  • Placing God first (one before zero - 10, 100, 1000, etc.) increases both. 

Credit:
Jacobs Media Strategies

God is the Power of One.

But so am I. And so are you!

He has made us in His image with the ability to love. He has provided the ability to see, hear, and feel the needs of someone else.  With simple actions, we can change someone’s life.

That also is the Power of One.

“Good humans never fail to remind us that there is a lot to be grateful for.” (A Learning a Day)

Just a thought. Perhaps we could spend our power being good humans.


No comments: