Sunday, February 6, 2022

Find Your Tree

What kind of a Minnesota-born-and-bread guy breaks both ends of a snowbrush while cleaning off his car?

The half-inch plus coating of ice that had entombed my vehicle was the problem and I just did what I've always done. I turned on the ignition and while letting the car warm up, I started brushing the 3 inches of snow off the car so that I could get to the serious issue of removing ice.

As evidenced by the brush breaking off the pole, the snow was not fluffy and light. It was full of frozen water as well. That's OK. I just used my glove-covered hands and did it the old-fashioned way. 

"Good enough", I thought as I began to work on the ice. The plastic scraper on the other side of the snow removing tool was no less successful when attempts were made to remove the hard-as-diamond encrustation. I heard the now-familiar snap indicating the loss of another feature of my decades-old winter staple.

Cold and a little frustrated, I remembered an article I read this week from "A Learning a Day". 

You can read this anecdote by clicking here. It will take you less than a minute.

Finding a place to leave our troubles behind is good advice for all of us.


Come to me all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matt 11:28

No comments: