Sunday, March 24, 2019

God's Waze

I never knew how to fold up a map.  Once used, it just never looked the same.  It immediately became nearly unusable after being exposed to my hands. Such a mess.

But many years ago, AAA found a better way!  They created the TripTik Travel Planner.  This little tool was amazing and worth the price of membership! You submitted (by mail) the information outlining the trip you were planning; Origination point, Waypoints, Destination and Dates. Within a week or so, you would receive an 4"x 8" spiral-bound map red-lining your route.  Start at the top and flip the page when you get to the bottom.  No folding required.  And even better, the return directions were included!

I don't use TripTik Travel Planners anymore.  There is something better called GPS.  And I use it every day.  The app on my phone is called WAZE.  It's amazing - and free!  I have learned to follow the directions given because, it seems, that any time I decide I know best, I find that I do not.



There have been times when Waze saved me time and miles when paying attention to this road-master.  It tells me about clogged traffic and re-routes me.  It shows me how to avoid tolls.  It warns me of accidents and even police presence helping me to stay within the law.  It gives me the precise time I will arrive at my destination!

I pay attention to the path it provides.

And here we go . . .

Do I follow God's Waze?

I wonder how many hundreds of scripture verses tell us over and over again to listen and follow.  God's Waze tells me what my destination is and how best to get there.  It cautions me to pay attention to those things which will interfere.  It encourages me to continue on His path because He loves me and want's only abundant life for me. 

What is it that prevents me from doing so?  Why do I not recognize that even as technology creates a better way to follow an easier path, there's a sure and profound way to follow the path of life?

What is it that convinces me that I know best?  And how many times must I look back at my path and say, "I do not"?



So be careful to do what the LORD your God has commanded you. Don't turn away from his commands to the right or the left.  Deuteronomy 5:32

Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." Isaiah 30:21

Let your eyes look straight ahead; fix your gaze directly before you. Give careful thought to the paths for your feet and be steadfast in all your ways. Do not turn to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil. Proverbs 4:25-27

Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers, and blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord. Proverbs 16:20

Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:9

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
John 8:12



May your paths be well lit.




No comments: