Thursday, January 5, 2017

Be with me Lord

July 3, 2016. That was the last time I wrote for this little blog.  6 months already.

There's a couple of people that read my musings.  (Thank you!)  When catching up with a few of you over the holidays with e-cards, real snail-mail cards and phone calls, it was brought to my attention that Sandals and a Stick has been very quiet.

Short quips answered you with the likes of, "I've not been in the mood", or "It seems that it's been hard to write lately".

Funk.



That's where I've been.  And, I HAVEN'T been in the mood and it IS hard to write.

In the middle of those short responses, I felt something.  Maybe this 'funk' has been exacerbated because noticing the good in the world was supposed to be one of the reasons for writing!  Being aware, trusting and practicing loving forvigeness are mentioned in the header!  As one wise person said, "Are you doing anything to feed your soul?"

As I work on this, I will ask for you to keep me in prayer.  (You can't imagine how difficult that was to say!  Guess I'd better work on that too.)

Psalm 91, Be With Me Lord, Marty Haugen - From the many-years-ago choir days, this 3 minute hymn has been playing in my head frequently.




Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.   James 1:2-5

Amen.

No comments: