Friday, February 9, 2024

The Next Seven Days

Sure. I will hit the “publish” button. But this will happen today (Friday) which is unlike most ‘send now’ events. This is because the “Next Seven Days” starts tomorrow. You won’t receive the email notification until Sunday, but I wanted to keep the integrity of the title. 

The standard procedure is to try noticing God in the week’s events, experiences, thoughts, conversations, and feelings. At this point, I will normally begin to write a lot of words about one of these items and how it might further help me understand what it might look like to live a Jesus-centered life.

What’s different this time? 

It seems that I’ve been less observant this past week since I am focusing more on the upcoming seven days. I'm leaving this week behind as I look towards, 

  • A  scheduled appointment with an accountant to figure out the 2023 tax obligation.
  • A few very early morning, on-the-fly training sessions for a new hire in India.
  • An appointment to spend time in the company of the Lady-with-the-scissors as she valiantly tries to train wild follicles.
  • Valentine’s Day
  • The Beginning of Lent
  • A sister’s wedding anniversary
  • Seven birthdays and 4 of them are the children of a 30+/- year friend.
  • Attending a Celebration of Life for a 42-year-old mother of 2 – a daughter’s best friend.

I am lost in quesitons. 

  • Where might I find God this week? 
  • Where might I feel the need for His presence? 
  • What might break apart inside of me that only He can comfort?
  • How might I share a celebration with Him?

Maybe the more important questions might just be, 

  • In the middle of all these events, where might I act and serve like Jesus did? 
  • Where might I uplift others in celebration, love, and comfort?

I must remind myself (way too often) - It’s not just about me. 

"Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.

"Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn."  Romans 12:10-15


One more thing.

In honor of Jenifer and her best friend

"Nothing you love is lost. Not really. Things, people—they always go away, sooner or later. You can't hold them anymore than you can hold moonlight. But if they've touched you, if they're inside you, then they're still yours. The only things you ever really have are the ones you hold inside your heart."
Source: Jeremy Thatcher, Dragon Hatcher 


No comments: