Sunday, April 3, 2022

Spoken Word

I am not a poet.

Mostly, I do not understand poetry - never did.

Truthfully, I do not like most poetry - never did.

Now you know. I like writing and I have even tried (with disastrous results) to write poetry. Can't be done. It's just not in me. 

But something happened when I first heard Amena Brown as she performed her "Spoken Word". At the time, I didn't know the meaning of this phrase, but I knew it buried itself deep in my heart and soul when heard.

With Easter fast approaching, a friend introduced me to another artist, Shawndra Lucas.

I will never be able to write any words that compare to what she has done, described, and emoted through her vision of G.R.A.C.E. 

Because of that, I will just shut up and let you spend this time listening. I hope and pray that you see a new way of thinking about a "Five-letter word, a five-word sentence, a five-minute composition, that is witness to the theory of grace."

Listen and believe, "That's the beauty of grace: it sees all of our disqualifications and writes the letter of recommendation anyway."

Hear and live "He wants you. For good. No exchanges. No returns. He wants you -  for good."


Shawndra Lucas YouTube - G.R.A.C.E.

Amena Brown    YouTube Site Favorites:

No comments: