Sunday, June 28, 2020

One Thing: 500 Pages



A recent TED talk by physicist and entrepreneur Riccardo Sabatini demonstrated that a printed version of the entire genetic code for one person would generate close to 262,000 pages consisting only of 4 different letters and a lot of commas. 

Of those pages, only 500 would be unique to each person. 

Bound together into 175 books weighing a total of nearly 1,000 pounds, the uniqueness of this one person would total one-half of just one of these books.
The Code for Eye Color: TED Talk, Riccardo Sabatini


I choose to be grateful to a good and faithful God for my uniqueness.  
I will celebrate the 500-page uniqueness that has been given to others. 
I will spend my thoughts, words, and actions demonstrating gratitude for the commonality I share within the remaining 261,500 pages.

 

And as he taught them, he said, “Is it not written: ‘My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations’? Mark 11:17 

No comments: