Saturday, June 17, 2017

That will be $2.37

$2.37?  But your sign says $1.00!!
After seeing this commercial, I've been thinking, "What is this ad telling me?  Is there some deeper point here?"  (I've been considering this for a while now.  Please remember, the deep recesses of my mind are sometimes just a little weird.)

I thought, "Are there surcharges to get into heaven?"  People have been asking how to 'be saved' for hundreds of years. They're still asking! Any chance we're missing something here?


No, I thought.  That can't be it.  It wouldn't be a salvation thing.  It's probably one of those how-to-live-better things.

So, I started to ponder, "What are the ethics to consider when looking at the rampant increase in surcharges, fees and taxes within the airline industry, the cable TV business and, of course, the mobile phone carriers?"

I've heard that some restaurants were (are?) charging something called the 'Obama Surcharge' so as to comply with the law and offer health coverage to their employees.

Many states add extra fees to the charges that already exist for traffic violations.

There was even an article about a cruise ship company charging a Steak Surcharge!

As it turns out, I've got nothing.  The commercial was just plain funny!  

Happy Father's Day to dads of every type!  We all need to laugh more. Click the link and enjoy!

Lemonade $1,00 (plus taxes, fees and surcharges - care of T-Mobile)

No comments: